Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Observations About the Top 20 Radio Stations in Germany

Music is universally relevant, each sound is unique and culturally significant. Germany is not excluded from this, their music is  interesting and reflects their world known status.
    I listened to the top 20 radio stations from Germany, to get an idea of the music preferred by it’s citizens. Some of the highlights were stations such as, the number one station, Black.Beats FM; which played the genre of hip hop music. I listened to the station, but was not especially excited by their music. The songs played were okay, though the genre didn’t appeal to me. On RMNschlagerhoelle, I found the music to be fun to listen to. The Einslive station was one I liked, they were a high energy station. Einslive played modern music and did interesting interviews with celebrities. JUMP was another station which appealed to me. The music played was modern and from various countries. Some of their songs were from English speaking artists, making the music understandable and more relevant to me. Although, I did enjoy the stations played completely in German, even through the language barrier. 
    Germany’s radio stations have variations in many different forms. They are similar to the stations in the states, simply played in a different language. I enjoyed listening to them, and I hope you check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment